To provide value-based technology education in Computer Engineering.
To bring out graduates who can solve challenges of
industry and society by applying computing techniques.
To develop partnership with industries, government
agencies and Research and Development organizations for knowledge and resource
To encourage faculties and students to participate
in reputed conferences, workshops, seminars and other such technical
To motivate students/graduates to be entrepreneurs.
To impart human and ethical values among students in
the service of society.
1. Solve real life
problems related to Computing.
computing solutions to the business and societal needs.
3. Pursue higher
studies, carry out R&D, imbibe high degree of professionalism or become
5. Work and excel
in a highly competitive and multicultural environment by abiding legal and
SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
will be able to…
1. Apply the
fundamental knowledge of computer engineering to develop computer programs /
computer-based systems in the areas of algorithms, networking, web design,
cloud computing, IoT and data analytics of varying complexity.
2. Apply the core concepts of information assurance and security, system
architecture, system administration, maintenance and integration, to handle
real-time software projects.
3. Opt for start-ups by practicing the technical skill and ethical values cultivated.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Government Engineering College - Rajkot has CWAN- Campus Wide Area Network
and NAMO WIFI facility to provide Internet facility.
The Campus Wide Area Network provides the Internet facility with 100 MBPS NKN
Link. The CWAN is setup with 1100+ Wired IO Ports and 47 Wireless Access Points throughout
the institute, including Centre of Excellence and Hostels. The CWAN has 70+ Switches which
includes a Cisco Layer 3 Switch and 06 Cisco Layer 2 Switches. The Fortigate-100 D firewall is
used for user management. The Server Room is equipped with 5 KVA UPS, 10 KVA Stabilizer
and 2 AC.
The CWAN supports following related applications.
1. PARAM-Shavak-Supercomputer Facility
2. CCTV Surveillance Networks
3. Video Conferencing
4. MIS Server
5. Moodle Server
6. Bodhitree Server
7. NPTEL Learning Resources Sharing
8. Library Management (Intranet)
9. Ansys Software (Intranet)
10. Mobile Attendance System
The NAMO WIFI facility has two hotspots each of 100 MBPS and 07 Wireless Access
Points. At present, this facility is provided at Block-C and Block-D of the institute.